Krav Maga Midlands would like to invite you to the Dynamic Knife Workshop.
We would like to give you an opportunity to check, test and explore realistic knife defences in a dynamic environment. Knife attacks are very violent and most of the defences presented by many self defence instructors are simply not realistic.
On Dynamic Knife Workshop we'll cover various problems with knife attacks, test them under the pressure and you'll have a chance to decide what may work for you if you ever find yourself in the place that you need to deal with attacker armed with a knife.
First things first, before you come to the workshop you need to remember a few basic principles when we deal with the knife:
- Always avoid the confrontation with an aggressor who is armed with a knife.
- Escape from the situation ASAP if you can.
- Equip yourself with any common object that is around and use it as a shield/impact object/distraction object/throwing object.
- Keep your distance and use kicks to maintain it
- If you are in medium to close distance you need to use your hands to block/deflect/scoop/redirect that knife attack
- Try to counter attack ASAP if within the distance. Remember counter attack stops the attack, not the block of the knife hand.
- If you are in a very close distance in confined space dominate the arm with the knife and counter attack ASAP hard and in weak point of the attacker.
You need to also remember that knife attacks are:
- Attacker attempt to stab/slash multiple times
- Once in attacking mode aggressor won't stop - you have to stop him.
- There is always chance that you may get injured even if you are well trained.
- No knife defence techniques in the world guarantee 100% success.
On Dynamic Knife Workshop we'll cover:
- Different distances and tools you can apply to maximise your chances
- How to kick to maintain your distance
- Hand defences (block/double defence/deflection/scoop/natural responses)
- How to deal with knife from the position of disadvantage (attacker from the side/back/on the ground/mounted)
- How to control and dominate the arm of the attacker.(double underhook/under/over control/pinning control)
- How to take down the attacker when controlling the arm
- How to disarm the knife and create a painful leverage on the wrist once we establish control
- Knife fight TEST. You'll test your skills at the end to better understand the problem. (you need to bring an additional white t-shirt to the workshop)
Meon Vale leisure Center
Bailey Avenue, Meon Vale, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 8QW
8th February Start 11.00am . Finish 2.00pm
What to bring with you?
- Krav Maga Black Uniform Applies (Tshirt/trousers)
- Groin Guard
- Forearm Protector
- Mouth Guard
- Additional White Plain T- Shirt
- MMA Gloves and Headguard if you have one (not mandatory, but will bring your training level up)